Hi! My name is Mourad Gridach. I am a Professor of computer science focusing especially on Artifiical Intelligence and Applied Mathematics from Agadir, Morocco.
I have completed my BSc degree in computer science at the Faculty of Science, Fez (FSF). I did my Master of science studies at the High Institute of Techology in Fez (HITF) in computer science (honours).
I got my PhD at the Faculty of Science Fez where I specialized in Computational Linguistics where I developed a Morphological Analyzer with my supervisor Mr. Noureddine Chenfour.
Now I’m working on computational linguistics, mainly focusing on Named Entity Recognition (NER), Sentiment Analysis (SA), and other field of NLP. I am also interested in Computer Vision.
I would say that Marvin Lee Minsky from MIT was the influencial person of my whole life. I almost watched all his talks and lectures and read most of his works. Every time I don’t feel good or I lost concentration, I watch one of his talks and Ouuupa I feel better. I was planning to visit him at MIT last summer, but unfortunately He died early that year in January :( 2016.
- Kickboxing, Full conatact, K1, Body building, Volley-ball.
- Reading books and novels.
- Watching movies. Here is a list of my favorite movies:
- Beautiful Mind
- Ex Machina
- The Martien
- Artificial Intelligence
- The Last Samourai
- The Revenant
- Blood Diamond
- The Society of Mind by Marvin Lee Minsky.
- A Theologico-Political Treatise by Baruch Spinoza
- The Structure of Scientific Revolutions by Thomas Samuel Kuhn
- العقل السياسي العربي by Mohamed Abed Al-Jabri
- أمير المؤمنين الملكية والنخبة السياسية المغربية by John Waterbury
- The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
- Crime and Punishment by Fiodor Dostoïevski
- Anna Karenina
- I, Robot by Isaac Asimov
- Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
- The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
- Inferno by Dan Brown
- The Gamer by Fiodor Dostoïevski
- Les Misérables by Victor Hugo